Friday 16 June 2017

Uncomfortably Comfortable

I spent years of my precious life thinking that I was not perfect! Being uncomfortable if I am not able to answer in the class, to not get scores in tests, to have a belly instead of abs, to have stretch marks instead of smooth skin or to be so short that every single person looked like Goliath to me. Like really! I could not figure out a way to stop this feeling, to not feel unhappy with whoever I was. I somehow had found my idols in this world and was blindly in hopes of following them to become like them. And to be honest there is nothing wrong to become like your idol or even to try to become like them. What is wrong,  is to trying to replicate them, you see all of us are different from one another yes ! you heard me right billions of human present on the surface of earth all are different from one another we can match certain qualities but the degree of those qualities will be different. You have to understand that the qualities of your idol might be something you want to possess but you have to imbibe them with your persona. Give it your own shape only then you can become the best version of yourself. I tried to be perfect whether it was studies, looks, social life or family but I failed terribly in all of the areas of my life and it was not because I was not trying but because I was trying to mould myself to become a person I was not. I tried to fit myself in the society to become friendly, to become obedient , to become a scholar but all of these qualities were not just me. Now you would think why? Let me help you why, for me becoming perfect was becoming like someone I thought was perfect and not myself. I was trying hard but I was trying hard to replicate a figure, which ended up making me uncomfortable in many areas of my life. It took me a long time to understand that becoming like someone did not mean to copy them but to learn from them the art of acknowledging yourself the way you are. To accept yourself , your flaws, your power and trying everyday to enhance them, thriving to become better.
It has got nothing to do with your clothes, color , stretch marks, looks, scores ,social life or financial aid. It was about how you reflected your values, how you helped a person in need especially when they were a stranger to you. It is about being yourself and not being ashamed ( NOT ASHAMED, old post reference) . Everything you are is what defines you as a person be it your failures/success, beauty/stretch marks, average student/ scholar. It is who you are and to be comfortable with whoever you are is an important step if you want to discover yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note to an Older Self

Hey There! As this year is coming to an end I have so much that I am grateful and thankful for. This year has taught me so many lessons th...